The Ultimate Golf / Sport Turf / Municipal Mower moves into a Class of its Own
Tauranga, New Zealand: Trimax Mowing Systems has announced the world launch of the Snake Series 2. The S2 is set to significantly up the stakes in the Golf, Sports Turf and Municipality mower sector. The new machine comes with many of Trimax Mowing System’s most significant and innovative advances as standard.
The Snake was designed specifically for golf course fairway and rough maintenance. Its success has been unparalleled, and Trimax Snakes are now found at many of the world’s most prestigious golf courses.
With its high manoeuvrability and floating deck design, which handles undulating turf practically without any scalping, it wasn’t long before other sports codes and municipalities recognised the value of the Snakes capabilities.
What’s new on the Snake S2?
Trimax Mowing Systems designs and builds machines that deliver low total cost of ownership and long commercial life.
Greasing, cleaning, servicing, washing and adjusting all eat into active mowing time. Our mission is to minimise or eliminate down time where ever possible and keep your mower doing what you bought it for – cutting grass.
We are constantly rethinking all aspects of our machines to ensure we have the most efficient and user-friendly solutions possible. Here are the S2’s new features:
- Wider Cutting Option. The S2 now comes in the original 3.2 metre width and the new 4 metre width.
- The LocTEK Roller Retention System is now standard S2 kit. This system, unique to Trimax, dramatically changes roller maintenance and longevity. Bob Sievwright, Trimax Owner and Founder put it like this, “Servicing a roller mower with a stub can be complicated. Stubs need to be clean, adhesives need to be used, a given sequence of replacement needs to be followed, and if not maintained regularly or correctly we see worn stubs and compromised retention. Our LocTEK system eliminates all of that, it’s fool-proof!”
- Thicker Roller Tubes. Heavier duty roller tubes enable the S2 to cut close to curbs, paving and bunkers and over undulating terrain and potholes without blade strike or scalping. The hard-wearing rollers are less likely to suffer damage or denting and need replacing far less often.
- Auto Belt Tensioning. The Trimax belt tensioning system ensures constant, optimum power delivery to the spindles without the need check and re-tension the drive belts.
- Maintenance-free Pivot Bushes. The S2 pivot bushes and spindles are maintenance-free – they never need greasing or adjusting and carry the same three-year warranty as the rest of the machine.
- Gearbox Mount upgrade. The front decks on the 4 metre S2 have four spindles each. The gearbox mounting plates on the decks have been reinforced to handle the extra load the added spindles place on the system.
- PTO fitting and removal is now easier thanks to increased clearance. This improves access for servicing and maintenance operations.
- Axle stubs on the S2 are replaceable – another time saving maintenance and service feature.
- 90º Rotatable Jack Stand. The S2 jack stand swings into and out of position. In the horizontal position it gives increased ground clearance during mowing and no more endless winding before and after operations.
- Anti-wear skids – optional. Anti-wear skids protect the bottom edges of the side channels in rough terrain, prevent scalping and stop the decks bouncing when mowing at higher speeds.
Tried and Tested Features from the S1 Remain
Although there’s a lot of new kit on the S2, we only innovate where clear improvements can be realised; so the S2 retains all the features which contributed to the S1’s market domination.
The features you will recognize from the S1 are:
- Zero-Turn Ability.
- LazerBladez, which are standard on all Trimax rotary mowers.
- Full Width Rollers.
- Helical Roller Scrapers.
- QuikLIFT enables all three decks to be raised just off the ground without disengaging the PTO.
- Optional Roadkit adds mudguards, LED taillight clusters and safety chains.
- Optional Remote Unlock is an electronically controlled deck locking system activated from the tractor cab.
Book Your Free Demonstration Now, Because Seeing is Believing
The Trimax Snake S2 is a formidable performer. See first-hand what it can do on your patch of turf.
Call +001 770 412 8402 and take advantage of our free demonstration service – no obligation!
In the meantime, go to the Snake S2 page on our website to see it in action. You can also book a free demo online.
We are looking forward to showing you the S2 up close.